Visiting Our Grove
Plan on visiting our Grove soon? Great! We look forward to meeting you! Here are a few tips that will make your visit with us a enlightening one...
- Ask tons of questions! We welcome them!
- It is acceptable to arrive an hour prior to the start of a ritual (gives you time to settle in, get a tour and chat with people).
- Anyone who comes needs permission of High Priestess and High Priest. Please don't extend invitations to others without first getting permission from the High Priestess or High Priest.
- As the covenstead is a private residence, please use discretion regarding its location and coven participants.
- We feast together as a Grove after Sabbat rituals, but not Esbats. (Not sure what to bring? Can't go wrong with a bottle of wine, your favorite dessert, or a soft drink of your choice!)
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing and shoes. (If your feet aren't happy, you won't be happy!) But, please do not wear red or purple.
- Please do not touch the altar without permission. (We'd love to answer any questions you have about it!)
- Please do not touch any jewelry without getting permission first.
- Please do not use mind-altering drugs prior to or during ritual. Further, anyone bringing illegal drugs to the Covenstead will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please do not use alcohol prior to ritual.
- While financial donations to defray the shared costs of the Grove are not expected of guests, they are always appreciated!
As a Guest, we will expect you to:
You can expect that members of the Grove will: